Terms of service
The acceptance of orders and contracts shall only take place based on the following conditions, except where the detail of a contract differs in which case the contract will overrule. The placement of an order or the signing of a contract deems these conditions as accepted.
Organised Technology Ltd offer four basic customer business models which can be adapted specifically as required. These are as follows:
- Off the shelf sale - where an existing OTL design will meet a customers requirements, then an order may be placed directly for quantities at an agreed price. In this case the customer takes ownership of the hardware and a licence for the use of associated software. All intellectual property associated with the design of the product including the software copyright remains the property of OTL.
- Off the shelf adaptation contract - where an existing OTL design is close to matching the customers needs, then this may be tailored as required and manufactured to an agreed quantity and price. In this case the customer takes ownership of the hardware and a licence for the use of associated software. All intellectual property associated with the design of the product including the software copyright remains the property of OTL.
- Client consultancy services contract - where OTL will provide technical input to a project for an agreed fee or rate, for example to design, develop and/or document all or a part of a system. In this case the customer will take ownership of aspects of intellectual property developed within the scope of the project. Within this model, two types of contract include: Fixed Price where an agreed price for the entire project will be charged, or Fixed Rate where an hourly, daily or weekly rate will be charged.
- Client Partner consultancy services contract - where OTL will work together with a client to develop and manufacture a product on a shared ownership basis. In this case OTL will reap a percentage of the profit when the product is sold.
- Delivery will take place at the customers expense. This cost being charged on each delivery. Packaging charges will be kept to a minimum.
- OTL will aim to meet estimated delivery and completion dates.
- VAT will be charged on all goods and services where applicable.
- In the case of a Fixed Rate contract, where time is charged at an hourly, daily or weekly rate, invoices are be issued for the end of each calendar month.
- In the case of Fixed Price contracts, (i.e. where a price has been agreed for the complete project),
- the Fixed Price may or may not include the cost of components and the use or hire of equipment - this will be clarified within the contract;
- invoices will be issued as agreed in the contract. Usually, staged payments will be agreed where an invoice will be issued on reaching each mile stone.
- In the case Off The Shelf Sales, payment must be received before goods are despatched, unless alternative arrangements have been made such as a customer credit account.
- Invoices are payable with in 20 days of issue.
- Property of the goods or services shall not pass until payment has been received in full.
- Complaints will only be accepted when submitted in writing immediately on, or at the latest 8 days after receipt of the ordered goods.